See How Much the Chamber of Commerce Bosses Earn
Wednesday, August 21, 2013
Correspondingly, the Greater Providence Chamber of Commerce has a big budget and a top paid Chief Executive Officer. While almost all of the chambers have joined together in a coalition - the Providence Chamber has stood alone from the other statewide members of the coalition.
Combined the chambers have annualized budgets in excess of $5,000,000.00, according to 990 filing information compiled from Guidestar.
See who has the largest budgets, their self-defined service areas, and which chamber CEO makes the biggest salary.
Northern RI Chamber
John Gregory leads one of the most effective and dynamic business advocacy groups in RI.
With CVS, Amica and the Paw Sox to name a few of the top members, the Northern RI Chamber bring some firepower to public debates.
The annual budget is $610,000 and Gregory earns $122,435 per year according to 2011 990 data.
North Kingstown Chamber
The North Kingstown Chamber is another group fighting for the hearts and minds of West Bay and South County business leaders.
The NK Chamber of Commerce has an annual operating budget of $144,131. It is not disclosed what the top staff earn. Martha A. Pughe serves as Executive Director.
Newport County Chamber
The Newport County Chamber is one of the big and brawny chambers in Rhode Island.
The organization has played a central roll in protecting defense jobs and facilities on Aquidneck Island.
The annual budget is one of the highest in RI topping $707,000 annually.
The CEO, Jody Sullivan, earns $107,000 plus in total compensation.
The Greater Providence Chamber of Commerce claims to represent the interest of businesses across the state.
In comparison to other Chambers, Providence is the 600 pound gorilla.
The annual budget was $2,077,360 in 2012.
The CEO Laurie White earned total compensation of $248,334 - more than twice any other Chamber CEO.
- Aquidneck Land Trust Wins Outstanding Achievement Award From Newport Chamber
- Candidates Split Over Taxes at Chamber of Commerce Forum
- Chamber Forum Focuses on the ‘Knowledge Economy’
- Duffy Takes the Lead at the Providence Chamber
- NEW: Black Chamber of Commerce Changes Its Name
- NEW: Chamber Slams Chafee Budget Proposal
- NEW: Chamber of Commerce to Host Legislative Luncheon Today
- NEW: Chambers Push for Health Force Inclusion
- NEW: DLT Director to Speak at Newport Chamber Lunch
- NEW: Doherty Scoops Up U.S. Chamber of Commerce Endorsement
- NEW: Newport Chamber Announces 2012 - 2013 Board of Directors
- NEW: Newport Chamber Picks New Executive Director
- NEW: Newport Chamber Votes Against Governor’s 2% Tax Increase
- NEW: Newport Chamber Wants to Bring Businesses, City Together
- NEW: Newport Chamber to Host Info Session on Chafee’s Budget
- NEW: Sequestration Hot Topic at Chamber Congressional Breakfast
- Newport Chamber is Not Slowing Down in the Holiday Season
- Newport Chamber offers Programs to Jump Start Your Business in the New Year
- PowerPlayer: Greater Providence Chamber of Commerce President Laurie White
- Prov Chamber Dinner: (add) ventures Video Rocks the House
- Providence Chamber Dinner Features Bank of America CEO Moynihan
- RIEDC Teams with Providence Chamber
- Rhode Island Chamber of Commerce Coalition Rallies at State House
Enjoy this post? Share it with others.
Commenting is not available in this channel entry.